Wisdom from the Ages

I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Density of Love.


Clare, I want to tell you, again, I love you. Our love has been the thread through the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust. Tonight I feel that my love for you has more density in this world than I do, myself: as though it could linger on after me and surround you, keep you, hold you.

There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love. It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing.

- The Time Traveler's Wife, excerpt

No comments:

Post a Comment