Wisdom from the Ages

I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How Will I Know Her?

from Leonard Nimroy's "You & I"...

How will I know her?

I will know her by
Her being.
By her aura.
Though she be
A glimpse
A flash,
My eye will know.

I will know her.
Even if she comes
In the blackness
Of the darkest night
Her fragrance...
Will sing to me.

Even if her sound
Should be a whisper
My ear will know.

I will know her.
Even if we
But brush past
Each other in the crowd
Her touch will call
To my brain...
She is here!

1 comment: