Wisdom from the Ages

I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture.

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Airport Moment



Airport Moments | March 29th, 2006

I used to dream of having one of those great romantic moments - walking through the arrivals gate and seeing him standing there. There would be slow motion running, he'd pick me up and twirl me around so happy to see me again. In reality my airport moments have always been significantly more tearful than the daydreams…Sobbing so hard after leaving him that even the customs lady looked at my with pity, talking to him on the phone from airport after airport, wishing i was somewhere - anywhere - but in an airport.

That final airport day was never going to be a Hollywood moment, the closest it came was the stickers on my luggage from LAX Airport. I was tired, I was jetlagged, I was ready to be at home. It all seems a bit of a blur to be honest - after my years of waiting for that moment I can't remember who i hugged first, or the expression on his face as I came through the gate. The only thing I remember is the feeling of being back on the ground, and wishing i'd brushed my hair before i got off the plane.


Posted in romance, thoughts from:
http://happilyeverafter.wordpress.com/2006/03/29/airport-moments/


Every place I go, I think of you
Every song I sing, I sing for you

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go

Now the time has come to leave you

Close your eyes and I'll be on my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment