Wisdom from the Ages

I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Inconvenient Kind.


Why is it that most people tend to find the person they end up with at the local Starbucks post-doubleshot-grande-caramel macchiato mix-up or while leisurely perusing through the cooking section of a bookstore chain? Having accumulated more than my fair share of air miles, hopping from one continent to the next, I always wonder why there are not more stories of love that spans oceans and time zones. To me, it just seems like the chances of finding “the one” you are meant for within a ten mile radius of where you grew up would be nothing short of obsolete, yet this tends to be the general trend. Perhaps fate favours convenience as I can say first-hand that tending to a love across the lovely pond we call the Atlantic is certainly not for the faint-of-heart, only the brave. Whatever the reason, if fate truly is kind and gives most of us a fellow with the same zip code, I am elated to be the exception to her kindness. I am looking for great love. The kind that people would want to write a book about- a charming prince, an unlikely principessa, exotic locales, and a "dragon" to slay. I dreamed of the inconvenient love and behold, dreams do come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment